Tinkerbell uses "lost things" to make her little inventions, so in that same vein I went in search of lost things to put together my Fall mantle this year. In total, I spent $4.78, plus tax.
1. Goodwill candlesticks - $0.50 each. The two on the left were clear glass and the tall one can best be described as the color of C3PO. I painted these white using leftover paint from the baseboard in Cora's room. Spray paint would have looked better, but I was in a hurry. The pumpkins were $0.76 each at a local nursery.
2. This project is a bit of a combination of two different projects I found on Pinterest. I liked the look of some matted pumpkins on eighteen25, but didn't have the time to actually go to JoAnn's and buy them. Instead, I found this project on Craft-O-Maniac that used yarn, cottonballs, and sticks. I have those!
|First, find a frame with a picture of Cora in the NICU. Remove picture.|
|Next, find pretty chevron paper.|
|Hello, old friend.|
Finally, I kind of wedged some sticks into the tops of the pumpkins and called it a day.
3. For the textured owl, I mostly word for word followed Delia Creates' tutorial. That post was a big driver to push me to see how cheaply I could do my mantle. The split peas at Meijer were $1.00 and I just used Elmer's glue. I would suggest attempting the gluing inside a large tupperware container. I found the board in the garage and the orange paint was in the basement.
4. I've been using this same picture frame for every single mantle. I just wrap the matte in something new each time. This time, it was orange chevron paper from Amazing by Design again. The centerpiece is a free printable from in-site-full.
5. This burlap is a leftover table runner I made from Lily and Harrison's baptism this past Spring. The flower in the middle was on my Spring wreath. I think it came from JoAnn's.
Not bad for something cobbled together from lost things and less than $5.00 in new things.
PS - Follow me on Pinterest to see where I find these projects!